Sunday, November 14, 2010

Reading Lists

Oprah's 2010 Reading Lists Ages 3 to 5

I am not really a huge Oprah fan, but I was searching online for some reading lists for Adrian so that when we go to the Library this week to return the 15 we checked out last time, I have an idea of what to look for instead of blindly searching this place (its pretty good sized Children section) so this is what I found.

All The World by Liz Garton Scanlon
Boo Hoo Bird by Jeremy Tankard
Book Fiesta! A Children's Day/Book Day Celebration by Pat Mora
Bubble Trouble by Magaret Mahy
Duck! Rabbit! by Amy Krouse Rosenthal
My Garden by Kevin Henkes
Opuestos: Mexican Folk Art Opposites in English and Spanish by Cynthia Weill
Wee Little Bunny by Lauren Thompson
What Can You Do With a Paleta? by Carmen Tafolla
Wombat Walkabout by Carol Diggory Shields
The Story of Ferdinand by Munro Leaf (Classic Title)
Frederick by Leo Lionni (Classic Title)
Dear Zoo by Rod Campbell (Classic Title)
The Lion & The Mouse by Jerry Pinkney (Classic Title)
The Mitten by Jim Aylesworth, Reteller (Classic Title)
"More, More, More," Said the Baby by Vera B Williams

Other Classic Titles in same age group:
Harold and The Purple Crayon by Crockett Johnson
Go, Dog, Go! by P.D. Eastman
Fortunately by Remy Charlip
Millions of Cats by Wanda Gag
The Tale of Peter Rabbit by Beatrix Potter

Like I said I do not really like Oprah BUT I am going to attempt to read everything on this list with Adrian. And then there is also a list for boys I have yet to check out and then there is the ages 6 to 9 list that I am going to check out when that time comes.

1 comment: