Tuesday, November 9, 2010

November schooling

I don't really talk to much about what Adrian and I are doing with his schooling, so I have decided to be more dedicated to it each week, for November we are doing fall and thanksgiving. This thursday, November 11 (Veterans Day) we will be doing some patriotic themed lessons to honor the veterans of our country. This past weekend, while shopping at the commissary, the VFW was handing out American Flags and Buddy Poppies and I thought that maybe Adrian should learn now about that history.



Also this month I mentioned Fall and Thanksgiving themed lessons at kidzone.com I found a great lesson for him about the leaves changing in the fall and it really is awesome going into detail about chlorophyll and xanthrophyll and carotene and what makes red and purple in the fall leaves. I am really excited about it. I am also going to have him doing different fall crafts that we can put up around the house and then after fall is over I will add them to our three ring binder where I keep all of his little craft things so I can save them forever.



As winter approaches I will get into winter themed lessons and I use Preschool Themes and Lesson for that at First-school.ws I really love this site it has printable templates and links to places for children all sorts of themes from holidays and letter and even animals.

Well that is all for now I will be posting after this week when we are done with the leaves changing. Love all of you!

3 comments:

  1. Are you planning on homeschooling his whole schooling career or just his preschool years? Fall is such a fun time to do school

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really would like to do it until he is done, everyone keeps telling me that I should put him into the school system so he has interaction with other children but really if I put him into other activities I think he would be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You gotta love the people that don't know anything about homeschooling. To them it's just a bunch of creepy antisocial people locked up in the house doing nothing all day....

    ReplyDelete