Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Baby Things....

Well, as everyone knows I do not have an infant anymore (although I badly want one!) But I get all sorts of magazines and coupons packages. One in particular is for Gerber, and their Nestle Good Start Formula, after having been through all the formula mess with AJ I vow to never to do it again with any other children I have, so they are just garbage to me. But each pack comes with a mini magazine and I was absently flipping through it and came across an article "The Scoop on choosing a formula" again promoting THEIR formula. And the very next page is an article "Bonding at feeding time" which is an article about breastfeeding, which to me seems right, but just makes their efforts to sell their formula a waste of time!
The breastfeeding article talks about skin to skin contact and the bond that is made between a mother and child during that time, awesome!, I have a wish for any other children that I have (and I feel like a bad mother for not breastfeeding AJ) but I want them to never touch a bottle unless Matthew wants to feed them! In which case it will still be pumped breast milk. If there is anyone with advise out there OR has books they can loan me about attachment parenting OR breastfeeding, please leave a comment!
Love you all.

2 comments:

  1. I recommend anything by Dr. Sears and The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding and of course you can always visit your local LLL even if you don't have a baby, yet :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and if you don't get it, I suggest Mothering Magazine. The only downfall is that it isn't a monthly magazine, I think it's bimonthly...

    ReplyDelete