Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Cleaning out...

So yesterday I started on a project that I am now regretting...cleaning out Adrian's toys and clothes again in his room, we did clothes in summer and had to do round 2 for the year. Well his birthday and Christmas are both coming up next month so I thought that maybe we should clean out his old toys that he either does that play with at all anymore OR are broken...well let me tell you having a child old enough to tell you what to get rid of and not is a pain when your trying to do this. Everything he saw me touch he was like I want to keep that!
Well I am still working on it, he also wants his room rearranged now and I originally agreed, BUT, after really thinking of the way he wants it set up there is not going to be ANY play room at all for him in there. So I may just need to set it up the way that he wants and show him that it won't work.
I did get his whole closet cleaned out...which if you saw his closet you'd die! He cleaned his room by himself he makes it look really nice, well what you can see, when I opened his closet to "organize" it he had tons of clothes mixed in with lots of toys just thrown in there. So I got all the clothes out of there, then when i did his dresser he just stuffed clothes where ever they would fit, I keep it organized, socks and under wear in the top, shirts in next drawer, pants etc...
Also I decided to start buying him plastic tubs for things like his legos he is now getting, and train track peices, I have to do 2 for trains because he has Thomas and GeoTrax.
Well enough babbling for today..will post pictures of the room when we get it done.

3 comments:

  1. I have heard that if you explain to your child that the toys are going to another child that needs them they will be alright with the idea of getting rid of them. I guess it's the fear of the toys will be thrown away that gets them upset? I mean, he's seen Toy Story 3 right? So just say it's like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is ok with "storing" them for the little brother he is going to have someday. he just goes crazy over the idea of them going away. I might tell him that we need to donate some to a thrift store or something!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well you could just do it when he isn't around, he can't be mad at you forever!

    ReplyDelete